In addition to standard funding for all pupils, the school receive some additional funds from the Department for Education to meet specific strategic objectives set by the government.
Each year we publish a report of our plans for using this money, and its impact.
Pupil Premium Grant Funding
Pupil Premium funding is intended to support improved attainment for children from disadvantaged families by tackling barriers to learning and offering support in the curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
The report below sets out our strategy for its use in the current academic year.
While the evidence suggests that it is very hard to judge the impact of such spending in a meaningful way, we are also required to publish an evaluation of spending for the previous year. Our review of spending last year is also included.
Sports Premium Funding
Part of the school’s budget is ring-fenced for spending on sport in school.
This is intended to work towards the government’s 5 key targets of:
- the engagement of all pupils in at least 30 minutes of in-school activity each day (to supplement 30 minutes of activity outside of school)
- raising the profile of sport and PE across the school
- increasing confidence, knowledge and skills of teachers when teaching PE
- offering a broader range of sporting activities to pupils
- increasing participation in competitive sport
The Sports Premium Strategy sets out our plans for using the sports premium at Medmerry Primary School, and is reviewed each year.