Our latest Ofsted inspection was carried out in December 2018 and a full copy can accessed via the Ofsted website.
The report confirmed Medmerry’s status as a good school, and acknowledged our many strengths.
We were particularly pleased with these comments:
- Pupils are friendly, welcoming and well-behaved
- Pupils know that teachers care for them and will help them with their work if they need it.
- Pupils’ outcomes have been raised substantially
- Pupils enjoy learning across the whole curriculum, and especially like the wide range of extra-curricular experiences
- Experiences add to pupils’ engagement in school, give them a sense of pride and broaden their experiences of the wider world
- Staff are united in their desire to ensure that children are kept safe
- Leaders work effectively with the local authority and other agencies to support the needs of vulnerable pupils and their families
- Staff undertake their leadership roles enthusiastically and are making a positive difference to the school
- Disadvantaged pupils are achieving standards broadly in line with other pupils nationally.
- Pupils are well-cared for and receive timely extra help with any issues, should they need it.
- Staff have created a ‘buzz’ about reading throughout the school
- Parents in the early years appreciate the exciting books that children take home, which are helping to instil a love of reading from the time children join the school
We were particularly pleased that over 99% of parents said that they would recommend the school to other parents.
Parent View gives parents the chance to share with Ofsted what they think about Medmerry School from the quality of teaching to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour.
The survey can be completed at any time; not just as part of an Ofsted inspection. Ofsted uses the information when making decisions about which schools to inspect and when.